How do I join CCXL as an affiliated rider?
This year all affiliation is on an individual rider basis via the British Cycling website. See the affiliation page for full details on the Central CXL League page on the British Cycling website
There is no club affiliation – every rider must register individually to be included in the league. There is no paper or postal affiliation and you cannot affiliate on the day, registration is online and in advance only.
The benefits of being affiliated
- Online race entry is cheaper for affiliated riders.
- Affiliated riders will be gridded.
- Only CCXL affiliated riders score league points
- If for any reason race entries have to be limited, affiliated racers will have priority
What are the CX categories?
Effective for the 2022/23 season
- Under 8 – born 2015 or later
- Under 10 – born in 2013 or 2014
- Under 12 – born in 2011 or 2012
- Youth – U14 – born in 2009 or 2010
- Youth – U16 – born in 2007 or 2008
- Junior – born in 2005 or 2006
- Senior – born 1983- 2004
- Veteran 40– born 1973-1982
- V50+– born 1963-1972
- V60+ – born 1962 or earlier
- Women– all race together but are classified as junior, senior and veteran as per the above
- SINGLESPEED – A bike with one gear (SSCX)
CCXL are the first national league to have a Singlespeed category. The singlespeeds will be set off in a separate wave 2 mins after the V50 riders. All ages (>18) and genders will race together. 3 places for male and 3 for female will be awarded. There are no BC points in the Singlespeed category.
Race Day Schedule
- 09:00 – Course open for training
- 09:30 – U10’s (Duration 10 mins)
- 09:32 – U8’s (Duration 10 mins)
- 09:50 – U12’s (Duration 15 mins)
- 10:15 – Youth (Duration 30 mins)
- 11:00 – Course open for training
- 11:30 – Vet 50+ Men (Duration 40 mins) / Singlespeed
- 12:30 – Women – All age groups from Junior – V50+ (Duration 40 mins)
- 13:25 – Course open for training
- 13:45 – Junior Men and V40+ Men (Duration 40 mins)
- 14:45 – Seniors Men (Duration 60 mins)